TCHS is hiring!
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Employment Status: Part Time, 30 Hours/Week
Position Reports to: Executive DirectorJob Title: Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant is responsible for duties pertaining to reception and office management. He/she will maintain a welcoming, informational, and organized environment for the Tioga County Historical Society (TCHS) by acting as the primary point of contact for vendors, guests, and other constituents and maintaining the organization’s filing systems.
The Executive Assistant will receive an annual performance review, with consideration for a salary increase based upon satisfactory job performance and the availability of Museum funds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as primary point of contact with visitors
- Answering phone calls and emails and distributing mail
- Filing and organizing documents and maintaining TCHS filings systems
- Maintaining TCHS calendars
- Preparing, organizing, and sending out mailings
- Obtaining quotes and proposals from service vendors
- Data entry
- Completing internal office and museum paperwork
- Soliciting authors and compiling newsletter content
- Assisting with gift shop sales
- Opening and closing the museum
- Understanding museum programs and exhibits
- Daily and General Maintenance
- Assisting with Special Events
- Maintaining online presence, including website, and social media accounts
The above task list does not reflect everything the Assistant will be required to perform. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed.
An Associate’s degree, or college credit toward a degree, is preferred. A candidate with a High School diploma or equivalent may be considered with a minimum of five (5) years of office experience.
The Executive Assistant must have a friendly and diplomatic personality and the ability to work with a diverse staff and volunteer base. This position requires proficiency with the Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, email, common web browsers, and operation of standard office equipment. The Assistant must be able to learn the current software used in the Museum. The Executive Assistant must be experienced in coordinating personal workflow, efficient time management, and be adept at multitasking. Strong written communication skills are also necessary.
The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work normal museum business hours and some special events and to lift up to 25 pounds, push up to 50 pounds, and climb stairs on a regular basis
The Tioga County Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references to email@example.com